After much delay…Post Number One!

IMG_20170615_124419453Sorry for the delay in getting this first post live. We had very spotty wi-fi at our first hostel in Quito, but we are now at Hostel Paraiso in the jungle town of Misahualli. (It’s a reliable connection, but slow. This first post will only have text – I’ll be uploading pictures overnight.)

The team is working great together already! We had a long delay on the tarmac before leaving Atlanta, and no one complained. We arrived safely in Quito, and we were in our rooms at the hostel around 1:30 AM.  We were up bright and early yesterday, and after breakfast we headed to the other side of Quito to meet up with Boris at the Dunamis property. Words and pictures cannot possibly do justice to the natural beauty of the setting God has provided. Young girls, rescued from human trafficking, will soon be coming to that property to live for a year or more, find healing, learn valuable life skills, and hear about their immense value in the eyes of God. Our team split into 2 and worked on 2 different sections of wall that will surround the property. We spent hours mixing concrete, hauling buckets of water, and moving large rocks into place.
We ended our time at Dunamis with a very meaningful time of prayer for Boris, for the “sacred ground” of the property, and for all of the young women who will be changed because of this ministry.

We left Dunamis and headed for the equator. (When’s the last time any of us got to say that??) We got to a museum/cultural park just before closing time. While there, we all got to experience some of the unique things about standing where the Northern and Southern Hemispheres meet. After the museum, we had a delicious dinner of chicken and cheese empanadas.
Everyone was ready to go to sleep by the time we arrived back at the hostel – around 9:30 PM!

Today was a travel day. We were up early, fed, and on the buses by 8 AM. While on the road today, we experienced the majesty and creative power of God out both sides of the bus windows. At one point, we were traveling at approximately 11,500 feet, with a snow-capped volcano in clear sight not too far away. WOW! Amazing beauty.
We stopped for lunch and shopping in the river gorge town of Banos. From there, it was a short ride down the gorge to our river crossing. (Wait for pictures tomorrow. It was an experience none of us will ever forget.)

From there, it was back on the bus for a long ride out of the highlands and into the river basin. We arrived at the hostel after dark and were immediately met by a delicious dinner. We had worship together as a team – led by devotions from Charlotte Williams & Ian Greene and music from Ric Clark and Sarah Miller. We’re all looking forward to a good night’s sleep!

Please keep us in your prayers – and look for some pictures tomorrow.

Categories: Uncategorized | 2 Comments

Post navigation

2 thoughts on “After much delay…Post Number One!

  1. Sissy

    Wonderful! Thank you for the update. Continut d prayers for safety, health and for God’s work tonbe done and experienced. Blessings! Give my girl a hug and tell everyone they are loved and supported by The Williams Family.

  2. Sissy

    Oh and HAPPY FATHER’s Day to all the Dads on the trip!!!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Create a free website or blog at

%d bloggers like this: